Location: Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
Work Hours: Must commit to volunteering 4 of 6 camp weeks (M-F, 8:00am – 4:00pm)
Reports To: Vice President, Education
The Junior Camp Counselor program is geared toward teens 16 and older. All participants will be mentored by education staff members while also learning marketable skills to build their resume.
Duties of the Junior Camp counselor include:
- Assist Museum Educators during camp sessions. This includes:
- Serve as a mature, positive role model for campers age 5 to 14, and maintain a professional relationship with other volunteers.
- Complete animal handling and laboratory safety training as needed based on camp assignment.
- Demonstrate and maintain safe practices.
- Maintain safe, attractive, and efficient classroom and gallery spaces.
- Work closely with Education staff to assist in additional tasks as needed.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to volunteer as a Junior Camp Counselor:
The Education Department reserves the right to dismiss Junior Camp Counselors from the program based on performance or excessive absenteeism.
Volunteers who are unable to commit to the required time period, are not accepted into the program, or who do not qualify, are invited to volunteer as a floor program facilitator.
Complete the application below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.