Location: Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
Work Hours: Approximately 15 hours per week, typically on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Reports To: Coordinator, Rentals
The Rentals Facilitator is responsible for providing supervision and assistance for birthday parties and private events taking place at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. This position will serve as the day-of contact for private event clients and coordinate the day-of execution of DSNH rentals.
• As assigned, serve as on-site, day-of private event contact during outside utilization of the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, including overseeing building preparation, usage, and repair; coordinate outside vendors; and appropriately recover the building after private events including daytime birthday parties.
• Set-up and clean-up of events will potentially require lifting and moving large items such as tables and chairs.
• Hosting guests and greeting visitors as they arrive. Provides directions and information about the museum as needed.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Experience talking to customers, defining problems, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
• Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee private events.
• Possession of attributes such as attention to detail, strong communication skills, problem-solving capabilities, and flexibility.
• Prior experience in working special events or event management is preferred but not required.
• An interest and dedication to the mission and vision of the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, SunWatch Indian Village/Archaeological Park, and Fort Ancient.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position and includes: stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear; regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should forward an application or resume to:
The Dayton Society of Natural History
Director, Human Resources
2600 DeWeese Parkway, Dayton, OH 45414
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dayton Society of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity Employer.