Plan your summer with us! With more options, ranging from single day options to weekend camps, Summer Camps at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery will be better than ever this year.
Key Registration Dates for 2019
- Complete camp descriptions posted: Monday, February 11 at 12:00 p.m.
- Early Member Registration Opens: Monday, February 18 at 9:00 a.m.
- Non-Member Registration Opens: Monday, February 25 at 9:00 a.m.
2019 Summer Camp Schedule
WEEKDAY Camp Options
- Single Day Camps | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. [REGISTRATION CLOSED]
- Field Camp at SunWatch | Ages 9-14 | 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. [REGISTRATION CLOSED]
- New! Single Day Brownie Girl Scout Camps | 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Field Camp at the Boonshoft Museum | Ages 9-14 | 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. [REGISTRATION CLOSED]
- Little Scientists: Do Lab, Jr. | Ages 4-5, 6-7 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. OR 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Discovery Camp: First Kid on the Moon | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
July 1, 2, 3, 5
July 1, 3, 5
- Little Scientists: Kids in Space | Ages 4-5, 6-7 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. OR 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Discovery Camp: Tiny House Contractor | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
July 29 - August 2
WEEKEND Camp Options
Join us for weekend fun with our new STEAM Warriors Camp! Each week, a new one-day STEM adventure will be offered on Saturday (program will be repeated on Sunday).
- Saturdays | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Sundays | Ages 8-11 | 1:00-4:30 p.m.
Saturday Dates: June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; July 6, 13, 20, 27
Sunday Dates: June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; July 7, 14, 21, 28
Important Registration Information
- 2019 Summer Camp registration opens February 18 for members; February 25 for non-members. To register between February 18-24, you must include your member* number, located on the back of your member card, on the registration page.
- There is NO CODE needed for member discounts; rates are reduced when the member number is added to the form.
- Except for Field School, all camp registration takes place on one page, and you may register multiple campers for multiple camps at one time.
- Registration for each camp closes (1) one week prior to the start of that camp.
- To provide a great experience for all campers, the age requirements for each camp are FIRM, and based on the camper's age as of June 2, 2019.
- Therefore, you will be required to enter the Date of Birth for each camper during registration. Note that you will only see the camps for which that camper is eligible, based on DOB.
*Need a replacement card? Contact our membership staff at 937.275.7431, ext. 152.
*Need to renew your membership to receive your camp discount? CLICK HERE to renew today!
NOTE: If you purchase a membership online in order to register for Summer Camps, you may use the confirmation code from the email in lieu of the membership number. This will apply any eligible discounts to your total before checking out.
Questions? Call 937.275.7431, ext. 125 or email SummerCamps@BoonshoftMuseum.org.
Concerned about the cost of camp? The Boonshoft Museum will have some need-based funding available for 2019. Applications will be available at the start of registration.
The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA).
The Boonshoft Museum would like to thank Dayton Children’s for their expert advice in regard to summer camp health policies and procedures, as well as making their expertise available as needed throughout the summer camp season, in accordance with ACA accreditation.