The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is committed to providing a safe environment for all of our guests.
WE ARE OPEN!
Monday - Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The fine print:
AS OF SEPTEMBER 16, 2021 - The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is committed to keeping our visitors and staff healthy and safe, and we are doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Our building is equipped to treat the air to kill viruses and bacteria, and we are continuing to do extra cleaning. With this in mind, the museum is following the most recent COVID mandate recommendation of Public Health Dayton and Montgomery County (PHDMC), and the City of Dayton.
The new mandate, effective beginning September 16, requires people 6 years of age and older to wear a mask while inside public spaces regardless of vaccination status. The update comes in response to a spike in COVID – 19 cases and hospitalizations across the county. All museum staff are required to wear masks. We will continue to update this policy as conditions change.
- You do not need to make reservation or buy tickets in advance.
- We have re-opened everything in the museum!
- Public Programs run daily! Check the Calendar for the daily schedule.
- Routine cleaning will happen throughout the day.
- Staff will be available throughout the building to answer questions, guide guests and disinfect any touchpoints.
- Please call 937.275.7431 if you have any additional questions.
Children (3-17) $11.50
Seniors (60+) $12.50
Children (under 3) Free
DSNH Members are FREE
Remember! Members must present ID with their membership card during every visit.
- The Boonshoft Museum is committed to providing a safe environment for all guests; children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times.
- The Boonshoft Museum accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, and personal checks with proper ID
Holiday Schedule: Each year, the Boonshoft Museum is closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day. We occassionally close early for special events.
Interested in becoming a member? Visitors have up to 14 days to apply their regular admission toward an annual membership! Must submit the original receipt and purchase the membership in person; some restrictions apply. Does not apply to group admission. See our Guest Services staff for more details during your visit.
The Boonshoft Museum participates in reciprocal admission programs through the AZA, ASTC, and ACM. Learn more about reciprocity.
Current valid discounts on regular admission include:
- AAA - $0.50 discount per person (up to 6). Must present current membership card.
- State Farm - $0.50 discount per person (up to 6). Must present current insurance card.
- Culture Works - $2.00 off one child admission with a paid adult or senior (regular) admission. Must present current Culture Works card.
- Salute to the Military - $1 Off Admission
Looking for information about our free days? Learn more about Super Science Saturdays.
Who is eligible for $1 off admission through Salute to the Military program?
The program is available to any bearer of a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), a DD Form 1173 ID card, or a DD Form 1173-1 ID card, which includes active duty military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard), National Guard and Reserve members and up to five family members.
How many military personnel and/or family members can participate in this program per visit?
The military ID holder plus up to five family members may participate.
How do you define a family member?
A family member of active duty military may include a spouse or child, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.
What if my spouse is deployed? Can my family and I still participate?
Yes, spouses of deployed military are eligible for the Salute to the Military program. Just bring your DD Form 1173 ID Card, or DD Form 1173-1 ID Card, for active duty military family members.
What if my child is under the age of 10 and doesn't yet have a military ID?
Children under the age of 10 without military ID are welcome to attend with their parents who either hold a Geneva Convention Common Access Card (CAC), a DD Form 1173 ID Card, or a DD Form 1173-1 ID Card.