The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is committed to providing a safe environment for all of our guests.
Boonshoft will re-open Saturday, December 12, 2020
Tuesday - Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*We would like to encourage our guests to allow our higher risk visitors to reserve the 9-10am time slots.*
Re-Opening Procedures - Please read
Group* entrance into the museum will be timed every 10 minutes so that we can operate in a limited capacity as advised by the Ohio Health Department.
*Maximum of 10 people per group.
It is not required, but if you wish to reserve a time slot please call 937.275.7431
The fine print:
- Memberships will automatically be extended for 3 months, the amount of time we have been closed.
- In accordance with the City of Dayton and the State of Ohio, Visitors over the age of 10 are required to wear a face covering or could be subject to fines.
- Staff is still required to wear masks.
- Vending machines, water fountains, the Food Chain and most interactive and high touch areas will be CLOSED.
- Water will be available for purchase.
- Desposible cups will also be made available.
- We have tried to re-open as much of the museum as possible, with the exception of certain high touch areas and parts of the climbing structure.
- Planetarium shows are happening daily. December calendar will be posted soon.
- The zoo is open and the animals are ready to welcome everyone back!
- More collection items will be out and on display!
- Staff will be available throughout the building to answer questions, guide guests and disinfect any touchpoints.
- Routine cleaning will happen on a timed schedule throughout the day.
- Please call 937.275.7431 if you have any additional questions.
This list will continue to be updated as new information is released.
CLICK HERE for an updated map of the museum!
Seniors (60+) $12.50
Children (3-17) $11.50
Children (under 3) Free
Members are FREE!
2600 DeWeese Pkwy
Dayton, OH 45414
Phone: (937) 275-7431
Fax (937) 275-5811
Holiday Schedule: The Boonshoft Museum is closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
We have FREE PARKING on the premises.
Exhibit Updates are happening throughout the year at the Boonshoft Museum! Be sure to check out the exhibit construction and updates page to see if any areas of the Museum will be under construction during your next visit.
The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is committed to making learning and family fun accessible for all visitors. Learn more.