Location: Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
Work Hours: Hourly; Non-exempt - Tuesday through Saturday - 8:30a-5:30p
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Summary: Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Mows grass, trim weeds, plows and gardens on organization's property.
- Operates snow/ice removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings, including buffing, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping.
- Maintain vehicles and grounds equipment (tractors and lawn mowers, weed trimmers, garden tools, etc.), maintain and fill in maintenance schedules as needed.
- Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Operates forklift to move heavy items.
- Cuts down and removes trees.
- Inventory supplies, equipment and tools, order materials as needed.
- Maintains and repairs building involving minor plumbing and electrical systems, includes replacing worn or defective parts such as switches, fuses and light bulbs.
- Minor carpentry, plumbing, electrical work and attend to repair emergencies as needed (water leaks, etc.)
- Monitors fire extinguishers and emergency drills.
- Monitor schedules for Sonitrol (security), Simplex (fire), city fire and other inspections, HVAC system, roofing inspections, etc.
- Responsible for set up and breakdown of tables, chairs, pipe and drape, trash cans, etc. for institutional events.
- Supervise Community Service Program, using court ordered “volunteers” to clean museum, mow, weed and trim around the facility.
- Supervise Probation Volunteer Program and other workers as needed, using them to mow weekly and trim weeds around the facility and clean the museum.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Back-up housekeeping and facilities manager as needed.
Helpful Attributes: An outstanding attitude of customer service, professionalism and teamwork; Able to follow instructions and respond to management direction; reliable and responsible traits; commit to working extra hours if necessary. Good work ethic, attendance and punctuality a must.
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED. Knowledge of building maintenance, plumbing, machinery, electrical, HVAC.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (or GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Physical Functions: This is a physically demanding job. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly life and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should forward an Application or resume and salary requirements to:
The Dayton Society of Natural History
Manager, Human Resources
2600 DeWeese Parkway, Dayton, OH 45414
The Dayton Society of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity Employer.