Location: Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
Work Hours: Part-Time; Varies
Reports To: Manager, Events & Rentals
The Rentals Facilitator is responsible for providing supervision and assistance for birthday parties and private events taking place at BMOD. This position will provide as the day-of contact for private event clients and coordinate the day-of execution of DSNH rentals.
Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Rental Responsibilities (Approximately 15 hours per week, typically on Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- As assigned, serve as on-site, day-of private event contact during outside utilization of BMOD, including overseeing building preparation, usage, and repair; coordinate outside vendors; and appropriately recover the building after private events including daytime birthday parties.
- Set-up and clean-up of events will potentially require lifting and moving large items such as tables and chairs.
- Hosting guests and greeting visitors as they arrive. Provides directions and information about the museum as needed.
Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience talking to customers, defining problems, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee private events.
- Possession of attributes such as attention to detail, strong communication skills, problem-solving capabilities, and flexibility.
- Prior experience in working special events or event management is preferred but not required.
- An interest and dedication to the mission and vision of the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, SunWatch Indian Village/Archaeological Park, and Fort Ancient.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position and includes: stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear; regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume to:
or mail to
The Dayton Society of Natural History
Attn: Human Resources
2600 DeWeese Parkway
Dayton, OH 45414-5499
The Dayton Society of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity Employer.