At the Boonshoft Museum
Saturday, March 14, 2020 | 7:00-11:00 p.m.
We are starting off 2020 with a BANG at Boonshoft’s winter fundraising event, Eureka! You and your guests will be welcomed with a signature cocktail, indulge in tasty hors d’oeuvres and small bite desserts, and visit our hand selected beer and wine bars. Take your chances at one of our card tables and roll the dice at one of our games of chance. And don’t forget to stop by the Ferret Derby to bet on your favorite in-house competitor!
21+ only, please. Attire: Business Casual
Learn more about what's in store! View the food and drink menu, and see the program of events for the evening.
Tickets include a welcome cocktail, hors d’ouvres, and admission into the event. Drink tickets for the bar are available at event ticket purchase and during the event.
Eureka will feature a 50/50 Raffle in support of year 'round education at the Museum.
Raffle Tickets: 1 for $20 | 3 for $50
Tickets now available online, and will be available throughout the evening at the event. Drawing will be held at Eureka on March 23, 2020; need not be present to win.
2020 Boonshoft Raffle Rules - OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
By participating, you agree that:
• These Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except in writing by the Dayton Society of Natural History/Boonshoft Museum of Discovery (”Boonshoft Museum”). No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made in writing by the Boonshoft Museum.
• The Boonshoft Raffle will be held online, March 23, 2020. Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket has a separate and equal chance of winning.
• The raffle drawing will be audited.
• The winner will be announced at Eureka (now digitally), in addition to being posted on the event’s website and Facebook. Ticket holders need not be present to win. Unclaimed raffle prizes at the Boonshoft Bash will be notified at the contact information provided on the raffle ticket to arrange a mutually agreed-upon delivery of the prize.
• Participants must be at least 18 years old and residents of the state of Ohio. Prize winners must produce photo identification including proof of Ohio residency and age, as well as a valid taxpayer identification number when picking up the raffle prize.
• A Boonshoft Raffle winner has 60 days from date of the raffle drawing to take delivery of their prize, or forfeits all rights and claims thereto.
• Tickets may be purchased:
- By telephone or internet by credit card.
- Through the Boonshoft Museum’s Associate Board Members and authorized Boonshoft Museum employees by cash, check, or credit card.
- In person at the Boonshoft Museum’s Guest Services Desk during regular museum hours.
- Checks should be made payable to the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. Credit cards accepted are Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
• Due to postal regulations, raffle ticket stubs cannot be returned by mail for purchases made via the mail, telephone, or online. When an order is placed via invitation response, from an Associate Board member, over the phone or through the museum’s web site. An authorized representative from the Boonshoft Museum will complete the ticket by filling in the name, address and phone number provided and will ensure the raffle ticket is entered.
• The cost of raffle tickets purchased is not tax deductible. Prizes may be taxable to the winner. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Please consult your tax advisor. Prizes are subject to tax withholdings as required by appropriate law.
• The Boonshoft Museum has no liability with regard to the winners’ use of the prize. By accepting the prize, winners agree to hold the Boonshoft Museum harmless from any injury incurred from the use of the prize.
• Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by the Boonshoft Museum without any further compensation.
• The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event its liability is limited to refund of ticket prices to participants.
• Ticket sales to Dayton Society of Natural History board members, committee members, volunteers, and family of Boonshoft Museum employees are permitted.
• Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is subject to criminal prosecution under all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
• All proceeds benefit the Dayton Society of Natural History/Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Want to know more about this year's event, and keep up with what's on the schedule for the evening? Be sure to like the Eureka page on Facebook, and check back for details as the date draws near!