Unfortunately, we had to make to tough decision to cancel on-site camps for June. But don't worry - we are now offering digital camp experiences throughout the summer!
CLICK HERE to find out more!
July camps will be running as scheduled. However, to following the guidelines of the Ohio Department of Health and Gov. Mike DeWine, the capacity for all on-site summer camps has been reduced to 9 campers. We appreciate your understanding as we aim to keep everyone safe and healthy this summer!
NEW tiers and pricing for 2020!
CLICK HERE for details!
Key Registration Dates for 2020
- Complete camp descriptions posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
- Early Member Registration Opens: February 17, 2020
- Non-Member Registration Opens: February 24, 2020
- Note: Registration for each camp closes 12 Days prior to the start of camp.
2020 Summer Camp Schedule
WEEKDAY On-Site Camp Options
- Jr. Scientists: Wild Kratts (repeat of June 1-5) | Ages 4-5 | 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Jr. Scientists: Jr. Zookeeper | Ages 6-7 | 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- STEM Camp: First Kid on Mars | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- STEM Adventure: Outdoor Explorer | Ages 10-14 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Jr. Scientists: Build, Create, Move | Ages 4-5 | 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Jr. Scientists: Coasters, Cars, and Collisions | Ages 6-7 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- STEM Camp: Zookeeping 101 (repeat of June 8-12) | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Jr. Scientists: Kids in Space | Ages 4-5 | 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Jr. Scientists: Gotta Catch'em All | Ages 6-7 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- STEM Camp: Your Turn! The Board Game Camp | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- STEM Adventure: Urban Astronomy | Ages 10-14 | 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Jr. Scientists: Dinosaur Discovery | Ages 4-5 | 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Jr. Scientists: Kids save the World | Ages 6-7 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- STEM Camp: Wizard Science | Ages 8-11 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Important Registration Information
- 2020 Summer Camp registration opens February 17 for members; February 24 for non-members. To register between February 17-23, you must include your member* number, located on the back of your member card, on the registration page.
- There is NO CODE needed for member discounts; rates are reduced when the member number is added to the form.
- Except for Field School, all camp registration takes place on one page, and you may register multiple campers for multiple camps at one time.
- Registration for each camp closes (1) one week prior to the start of that camp.
- To provide a great experience for all campers, the age requirements for each camp are FIRM, and based on the camper's age as of June 1, 2020.
- Therefore, you will be required to enter the Date of Birth for each camper during registration. Note that you will only see the camps for which that camper is eligible, based on DOB.
*Need a replacement card? Contact our membership staff at 937.275.7431, ext. 152.
*Need to renew your membership to receive your camp discount? CLICK HERE to renew today!
NOTE: If you purchase a membership online in order to register for Summer Camps, you may use the confirmation code from the email in lieu of the membership number. This will apply any eligible discounts to your total before checking out.
Questions? Call 937.275.7431, ext. 125 or email SummerCamps@BoonshoftMuseum.org.
Concerned about the cost of camp? The Boonshoft Museum will have some need-based funding available for 2020. Applications will be available at the start of registration.
The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA).
The Boonshoft Museum would like to thank Dayton Children’s for their expert advice in regard to summer camp health policies and procedures, as well as making their expertise available as needed throughout the summer camp season, in accordance with ACA accreditation.